Popular Posts

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Touching story...


It has been a long time since I last updated my blog. A friend of mine shared this and I cried. I can't get it out of my mind so I thought I'd share it with the world.

It just goes to show you, just because you call yourself a Christian or because you serve in church gives you the right to condemn other people.  As  a Christian you should be a follower of Christ who SAVES not condemn!.


> My Best Friend
> Somewhere in Milaor, Camarines Sur, there lived a fourth  grader boy
>who would  follow this route to school everyday: He has to cross the 
>rugged plains and  cross the dangerous highway where vehicles are
>recklessly  driving to and from.
> Once passed this highway, the boy would take a short cut by  passing
>by the  Church every morning just to say Hi to God, and faithfully  say
>his, "Magandang  umaga po" in Bicol dialect. He was faithfully being 
>watched by a Priest who was  happy to find innocence so uplifting in
>the morning,  "Kamusta Andoy! Papasok ka  na?" "Opo padre ..." he would
>flash his  innocent grin, the priest would be  touched. He was so
>concerned that one day he talked to  Andoy, "From school...",  he
>advised "Do not cross the highway, you can pass  through the Church and
>I can  accompany you to the other side of the
>  road ... that way I can see that you are  home safe ...." "Thank you
>father ..."
> "Why don't you go home ... do do you
> stay in this church right afterschool?" "I just  want to say "Hi" to
>my friend,  God," and the priest would leave the boy to spend time 
>beside the altar,  talking by himself, but he was hiding behind the
>altar to  listen to what this  boy has to say to his heavenly FATHER.
>"You know my  math exam was pretty bad  today, but I did not cheat -
>although my seatmate is  bullying me for notes ...
> I ate one cracker and drank my water, Itay had a bad season  and all I
>can eat  is this cracker. Thank you for this! I saw a poor kitten  who
>was hungry and I  know how he feels so I gave my last cracker to him
>...
> funny but I am not that
> hungry ... Look, this is my last pair of slippers ... I may  have to
>walk  barefooted next week ... you see this is about to be broken  ...
>but it is okay  ... at least I am still going to school
>  ... some says we will have a hard
> season this month, some of my classmates have already  stopped going
>to school  ... please help them get to school again, please God? ...
> Oh, you know, Inay
> had hit me again, it is painful, but I know this pain will  pass away,
>at least  I still have a mother ... God, you want to see my bruises?
> I know you can heal
> them ... here... here and .... oh ... blood ... I guess you  knew
>about this one  huh? Please don't be mad at Inay, she is just tired and 
>she worries for the  food in our table and my schooling that is why she
>hits us  ... Oh, I think I am  in love ... there's this pretty girl in
>my class, her  name is Anita ... do you  think she will like me?
>Anyway, at least I know you will  always like me, I  don't have to be
>anybody just to please you, you are my  very best friend! Hey  your
>birthday is two days from now!!! Aren't you  excited? I am! wait till
>you  see, I have a gift for you .... but it
>  is a surprise! I hope you will like it!
> Oooops, I have to go ..." then he stood up and calls  out, "Padre,
>padre, I am  finished talking to my friend ... you can accompany me to 
>the other side of the  road now" This routine happens everyday. Andoy
>never  fails. Father Agaton  shares this every Sunday to the people in
>his church  because he has not seen a  very pure faith and trust in
>God, a very positive look at  negative situations.
> One Christmas day, Father Agaton was sick so he could not  make it in
>the  Church, he was sent to the hospital. The Church was left to
> 4 manangs who would
> chant the rosary in 1000 miles per hour, would not smile  and would
>always find  fault in what you do, they are also very well versed in 
>cursing if you irritate  them! They were kneeling, saying their
>kilometric rosary  when Andoy, coming  from his Christmas party,
>playfully dashed in, "Hello  God!!!!! I " P----!!!!!
> (a curse) Bata ka!!!! Alam mo nang
>  may nagdadasal!!!!! Alis!!!!!" Poor Andoy  was so terrified, "where's
>Father Agaton? He is  supposed to help me cross the  street .... and to
>be able to cross the street I will have  to pass by the back  door of
>this church ... not only that, I have to greet  Jesus-it is His 
>birthday, I have a gift right here ...." just as he  was about to get
>the gift  out of his shirt, the manang pulled his shirt and threw him 
>out of the church.
> "Susmaryosep!!! (does a sign of the cross fervently)  Alis kang bata
>ka, kung  hindi matatamaan ka!!! So the boy had no choice but to  cross
>the dangerous side  of the road in front of the church. He crossed. A
>fast  moving bus came in.
> There was a blind curve. The boy was protecting his gift  inside his
>shirt, so  he was not looking. There was so little time. Andoy died on 
>the spot. A lot of  people crowded the poor boy, the body of a lifeless
>young  boy ...Suddenly, out  of nowhere a tall man in pure white
>  shirt and pants, a face so mild and gentle,  but with eyes full of
>tears... He came and carried the boy  in His arms, He was  crying.
>Curious bystanders nudged the man in white, and  asked, "excuse me sir, 
>are you related to this child? Do you know this  child?" The man in
>white, His  face mourning and in agony, lifted up and answered,  "He
>was my bestfriend ... "
> was all he said. He took the badly wrapped gift in the  bloody chest
>of the  lifeless boy, and placed it near His heart. He stood up and 
>carried the boy  away and they both disappeared in sight. The crowd was 
>curious ... On Christmas  Eve, Father Agaton learned of the shocking
>news. He visited  the house, and  wanted to verify about the man in
>white. He consulted the  parents of Andoy.
> "How did you know that your son died?" "A  man in white brought him
>here."
> sobbed the mother. "What did he say?" The father  answered, "He did
>not say  anything. He was mourning. We do not
>  know him and yet he was very lonely at our  son's death, as if he
>knew our son very well. But there  was something peaceful  and
>unexplainable about him. He gave me my son, and then he  smiled
>peacefully.
> He rubbed my son's hair way from his face and kissed  him on his
>forehead, then  he whispered something ..." "What did he  say?" "He
>said to my boy ..." the  father began, "Thank you for the gift ... I
>will see  you soon ... you will be  with me ..." and the father of the
>boy continued,  "and you know for a while, it  felt so wonderful... I
>cried, but I do not know why ....
> all I know is I cried
> in tears of joy ... I could not explain it father, but when  that man
>left,  something peaceful came over me, I felt a deep sense of  love
>inside... I could  not explain the joy in my heart, I knew my boy is in
>heaven  now ... but ...
> tell me father, who is this man that my son talks to  everyday in your
>church,  you should know because you are
>  always there... except on the time of his death  ..." Father Agaton
>suddenly felt the tears welling in  his eyes, with trembling  knees, he
>murmurred," ... He was talking to no one  .... but .... GOD...." if 
>you love this story, pls. pass this on to your friends, i  just did!
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

No comments:

Post a Comment